Major Gift Opportunities
By joining the Legacy Fund, you ensure the success of your local public radio station to continue its programming of news, music, arts and culture for the benefit of the Bay Area and for audiences online. Your gift of $5,000, $10,000, $25,000, or $50,000+ will deepen your engagement with KALW, and help sustain the organization in its mission to bring joyful and innovative programming to the public.
Make gift today using this online form, or contact us at email@example.com to arrange your gift.
Name KALW as a Beneficiary and/or Include Us in Your Will/Estate plan
A planned gift can generate financial benefits for a donor during his or her lifetime as well as provide future benefits to a charitable organization like KALW. There are many ways to make a planned gift, including naming us as a beneficiary in your will or living trust, retirement plan, IRA or tax-sheltered annuity, living trust, charitable remainder or lead trust, life estate and/or life insurance.
If you have included KALW in any of these, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can welcome you into the Legacy Fund.
Special benefits For Legacy Fund members
- Recognition of your name along with other Legacy Fund members (unless you wish to be anonymous)
- News and special announcements throughout the year
- Invitations to special events (*currently on hiatus due to Covid -19 restrictions)
There are no dues or fees associated with membership in our Legacy Fund and there are no requirements on the size of your gift. Simply confirm your participation by sending us an email.
Our ❤️ heartfelt thanks for your thoughtful support.
A charitable bequest in your will or living trust is an easy way to make a lasting impact on KALW's future. Your gift will strengthen our organization for future generations. There are three types of bequests for you to consider: specific, residual, or contingent.
- Specific bequests can articulate a specific sum, a certain number of shares of stock, or a disposition of real property
- Residual bequests are often made after making specific bequests to family/relatives, friends, and other charities, and whatever remains after these designations (the residuary) can be give in whole or in percentage
- Contingent bequests are made on the condition of a certain event that might or might not happen, and because of its specificity it fails if the condition is not met
Sample Language for Wills and Trusts*
"I hereby give, devise and bequeath to KALW Public Media, Inc., a California non-profit public benefit corporation, Federal Tax ID#84-3580297, located at 500 Mansell Street, San Francisco, CA 94134:
- The sum of $_______________________[amount] AND / OR
- The following described property: ____________________ [description] AND / OR
- ______% [percent] of the residue of my estate."
"I hereby give, devise and bequeath to KALW Public Media, Inc., a California non-profit public benefit corporation, Federal Tax ID#84-3580297, located at 500 Mansell Street, San Francisco, CA 94134, all of the residue of my estate [Or ___% of my estate]."
"In the event of the death of any of the beneficiaries, I hereby give, devise, and bequeath to KALW Public Media, Inc., a California non-profit public benefit corporation, Federal Tax ID#84-3580297, located at 500 Mansell Street, San Francisco, CA 94134, [Specific or Residual language as above]."
*The sample language above is presented for demonstration purposes only. Please consult with your attorney or estate advisor to determine your needs and the legal requirements necessary to effect your wishes.